Monday, January 21, 2008

Emotion Clouds Reason

Emotion is what a feeling evokes in you. Emotions can be positive or negative. Like happiness, surprise and excitement are positive emotions while anger, sadness, jealousy, and fear are negative emotions.
When you feel a certain emotion you react to it and act in a particular way.


Keeping myself in mind I am an extremely emotional person but like to conceal my emotions and hide the way I feel but I also react in a certain way to the emotion I am feeling.
Like when I am sad or upset I talk very little, snap a lot, and generally stay away from people but when I am happy I am nicer to people, smile a lot and am very talkative and more tolerant towards others.
However when I am angry I tend to get impulsive and irrational. Now emotion is an extremely strong and negative emotion. It governs one's being and actions to a large extent.
Once I had had an arguement with my mother because she had fixed up a certain appointment of mine without checking with me or giving me prior notice. This resulted in me having to leave a friend's house the moment I reached and missing out on all the fun. I told my mother to cancel the appointment and let me stay on but instead of giving into my demand which now seems absurd she yelled at me and called me home immedietely.
When I reached home I was furious and was extremely displeased with my mother. I dealed with this by going into my room, shutting the door, breaking a shampoo bottle, throwing several miniature statues out of the window and a birthday gift given by a dear friend. This was a perfect example of being irrational.

If I was in a normal state of mine or not so angry or emotionally charged I would have never broken so many things or reacted so voilently. Besides when I was feeling calmer I felt bad about doing all of that but at that moment it seemed like the only thing to do. At that moment "emotion" clouded my "reson". Because I was under the spell of such a strong emotion such as anger and fury I completely lost my reason and got carried away with my emotion.

No comments: